First, for any of you southsiders, CJ and I finally checked out Books and More in Southern Plaza (you know, where El Azabache and the former Kerasotes 16 theater are located). I figured it'd be kind of janky, but it was actually like Half Price Books. It didn't have nearly the selection, but the books were definitely cheaper -- everything was priced at $4.98 or below. I digress.
I ended up buying Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, which was a bestseller -- or at least, Kinsella is a best-selling author. I had the book on my to-read list for ages, so I was excited to find it and for so cheap. CJ didn't believe that I'd actually read it (I wonder why he thinks that?), but once I started it, I devoured it in a few days.
It's basically the story of Lara and her great-aunt Sadie who comes back as a ghost until Lara can find her missing necklace. Follow with me here, because I was pretty skeptical for the first quarter of the book. But, the story takes you on this adventure to find the necklace and quite honestly, it didn't end up where I thought it would (at least until the near end when it was blatantly obvious). I was actually kind of sad for the journey to end, as ridiculous as that may sound. (It has a ghost in it, for heaven's sake.)
The book may not be for everyone (i.e. my mom), but if you're looking for a quick, fun read this summer, I highly recommend it.
7.12.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment