7.10.2010

give us a break

Sometimes you just need to take a break.  And for us, that means we must get out of the house, because if we don't, we're likely to find some project to do.

Last night, we met one of my co-workers and her husband for dinner at Stir Crazy.  We hit up Barnes & Noble and then Kroger afterwards.  I never knew that growing up meant making grocery trips on Friday night date nights, but sometimes that's just when you have to squeeze it in.

We made our quarterly trip to the north side on Saturday morning.  We had lunch with Christy, Jeff, their daughter, Amelia, and their triplet boys (thanks!) and then went to Trader Joe's.  (Not that I'd be a frequent shopper, but why don't we have a Trader Joe's on the south side?)  Then we went to Mallow Run Winery to pick up some of their delicious rhubarb wine (if you love sweet wines like I do, head down there!).  And as if that wasn't enough, we went to BGI Fitness, Lowe's, and then finished off with dinner at Olive Garden.

It's been a long two days, but it's been so good to not work on -- or think about -- projects or my corporate finance homework for two days.  In about a month when CJ starts school up again, will someone please remind us to do this more often?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

In the past year or so I have been leaning toward a drier wine, but as far as sweet wines go I love Mallow's Rhubarb wine too! Sounds like a fun weekend. If you are ever interested in coming out to Wayne County we have two wineries out this way. I'd be happy to show you a few sweet wines at Wilson Winery or J&J Winery. Hope to see you soon!