12.19.2009

vacation!

With the exception of my very first year working in the real world, I've always taken a vacation right after Christmas.  It's really a good deal, because you can really maximize your time at Christmas, since we get three days off in a span of a week.  This year though, I played my cards really well and I get a full two weeks off!  It's been so long since I've had that much time off that I almost don't know what to do with myself.

Minus Christmas, here's my list of things I'd like to accomplish over these next two weeks:
  • Get back in the exercise routine, with the idea that I can get hooked on it again so that when I am busy again with work and school I'll make it a priority.
  • Study.  This is probably the least-fun thing on my list, but I'd like to get ahead a little bit so I'm not so stressed later.  This may have to wait a week and a half though, because I need to clear my head from accounting for a little while.
  • Touch up paint in the master bathroom, living room, and hallway.  Second least-fun thing on my list.
  • Finish the dresser.  CJ still has to fix up the piece, so I can't do anything just yet.  And, since it's so cold and I'll be painting it in our garage, I imagine I'll only be able to paint a coat, maybe two, per day.
  • Finish the picture frames.  Pictures later.
  • Hang up our wedding pictures before our first anniversary (January 3rd).
  • Organize the guest bedroom.  Again.
  • Read -- a lot!  What's on tap?  I have at least 4 Sookie Stackhouse books, The Sweet Life in Paris, The Flying Carpet of Small Miracles, The Game of Opposites, and The Forgotten Garden.

No comments: