
If you were a colorblind dog, would you be able to find the cat in the picture above?
I've been arguing that as a whole, cats are smarter than dogs. CJ says I'm wrong. I really do think cats know what's going on, and then choose to do their own thing. I've really solidified this belief by watching our pets interact with one another -- but specifically how Bridget is becoming more crafty in hiding.
As I mentioned not too long ago, Bridget used to hide from Henry underneath the bed. Once he discovered that, she moved to the window. Once he discovered that hiding spot, she moved to the trunk. The trunk is usually covered by our comforter, which is too heavy to use on an everyday basis, so I put it on top of the trunk to keep it off the floor. When it was on the floor, I lost Bridget numerous times when she'd curl up into the folds and would blend right in. So, with a colorblind dog, it becomes even more easy for her to blend in, even sitting directly on top of it. CJ said one afternoon Henry ran into the bedroom, and he watched as Henry tried to find Bridget. She was sitting on top of the comforter facing them, and ever so slowly, she closed her eyes so she would really blend in ... and he didn't find her.
In case the trunk does fail her (sometimes it does), we've found her curled up in the corner of our closet, where Henry
My money's on Bridget to win this battle.
No comments:
Post a Comment