8.04.2009

what's gone on, what's in store

Happy August.

Summer has flown by, and aside from a few big things, I can't really remember what we've done. And, my goal to finish most, if not all, of the 12 or so books I've started, has fallen flat. I have read three books from the library lately, so maybe that counts?

CJ has spent a lot of the past few weeks working. We spent some time at my parents' on Saturday and Sunday, and while I helped my mom can green beans and put up corn, CJ helped my dad and uncle clean out fence rows (fun). He went back up today to help them finish, but they only got to lunch before getting rained out.

CJ starts back up at ISU later this month, to finish up his bachelor's degree in Pre-Medicine and English. Although he finished his Pre-Med requirements ages ago, he's only short twelve credit hours in English. And, to complicate matters, ISU won't offer the last class he needs, so he had to enroll in some expensive online program out in Maryland.

So not only will he be in school this fall, but I'm officially starting up at Indiana Wesleyan down in Greenwood, beginning August 20th. I'll be getting my MBA. IWU has a specific program for working adults, and they offer the degree in two years, going one night a week for four hours each time.

It looks like it'll be a grueling semester for the Whiteheads, so if we don't see much of any of you or look worn down when we do, this is why. Somewhere in there we also have to work in fall softball (for CJ only -- don't get your hopes up that I'll play again) and our small group. So, if you think of it occasionally, feel free to send up a prayer for our sanity this semester.

Let's see, what else?

I ended up at the doctor's yesterday with TMJ. Awesome.

State Fair starts up later this week, and I'll be working there frequently for my office -- August 12th and 17th-19th. So if you'll be out there, let me know!

Henry is fine. CJ thinks he's entering the terrible twos at five months old. We thought he was starting to get the hang of sit, but not anymore. He's also been biting more (when playing) and is extra bouncy. It probably doesn't help that he nearly destroys any toy we give him and that I've had to throw out two of his favorite toys so far.

And Bridget is pretty self-sufficient and while she is starting to come out more when Henry is also out, she's still sticking to our bedroom. So, nothing new to report there.

I think I said I'd make cookies for our intern's last day tomorrow, so I should probably close down and get on that now...

No comments: