8.14.2009

kool aid drinker?

Last week I reported that I have TMJ. By the end of last week, it felt much better, but by the beginning of this week, it had switched sides. And I've had a headache every day since Monday, and the pain killers, including the prescription-strength aleve, no longer work.

So my choices were either the dentist or a chiropractor. I really, really don't like the dentist. (Rather, I really, really don't like/trust MY dentist.) I've also found that where chiropractors are concerned, people's opinions are either black or white -- I've yet to meet anyone who thinks they're just okay. So once I made my decision to see a chiropractor, I got everything from absolute raves about their chiropractor to "You realize they're not real doctors, right?"

Either way, I went this morning and for what it's worth, he said my neck and shoulders were very much out of line. When I tense up or get stressed, I've always noticed I carry most of it in my shoulders, but I figured different people carry their stress different places. (Kind of like how people carry weight in different places? My own theory, I guess.) Maybe that's why I get frequent headaches too?

I felt better for about an hour, and now the headache is back. But, my jaw is much more in line and my bite is almost back to normal. So really, I don't know whether I made a smart decision or just drank the kool aid...

No comments: