6.09.2009

just like riding a bike

We tried to turn over a new leaf at the beginning of May. It's sort of worked.

When CJ and I first started dating, we both really enjoyed working out -- for him, mostly bicycling, and for me, mostly jogging. Needless to say, we both fell out of our routines. Last month, we joined Anytime Fitness, paying extra just for the convenience (operating hours and location).

And it's like riding a bike. No mater how long it's been, it's relatively easy getting back on again.

Sort of.

While I have shaved nearly two minutes off of my mile time, I've fallen short of my goal to visit three times each week. CJ's back on his bike nearly every day he's off of work, so his gym membership isn't seeing much use.

In addition to working out regularly, I'm back on my must-eat-healthy kick again. I don't remember going on a massive eating binge in the past year and a half, but I also didn't have any qualms about eating less than healthy foods and not working out in return. So, it's back to eating healthy, and if I must have sweets (like tonight), at least have them in modest portions.

So I write this today mostly for accountability reasons. Don't hesitate to ask us how we're doing -- how CJ's bike rides are, my latest mile time (11:49, as of last Saturday), how healthy we're eating, whatever. Seriously, knowing other people are actually interested in our life, to whatever extent, truly helps.

No comments: