CJ loves gnocchi, so I was excited to run across boxed gnocchi at the grocery store. I had no idea what I was going to do with it (I guess serve it with regular spaghetti sauce? Boring.) So I was thrilled to run across this recipe for gnocchi mac & cheese on pinterest (yup, still in love).
My awesome photo skills are at work again, as you can tell. I snapped this photo real quick as CJ was carrying it back to the table to clean it off. So I guess I should be thankful I got a picture at all.
I will admit this recipe is a bit gratuitous, considering I've been trying to use up ingredients I already had on hand (because why should we have a pantry stuffed full of food when some people don't and also to save money). It requires some different ingredients (you can find the cheeses at Target, so it's not like you really have to go out of your way). And when I do make this one again, I plan to double the gnocchi so we have leftovers.
Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
From Cuisine at Home via The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
1 lb. gnocchi
2 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. flour
3/4 C. milk
1 tsp. Dijon
1/4 C. shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 C. shredded Fontina cheese
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/3 C. shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour until it thickens and bubbles, then whisk in milk and Dijon. Continue to whisk until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
Add Gruyere and Fontina cheese to milk mixture, stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour over gnocchi and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake about 25 minutes or until gnocchi puffs and cheese is golden.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment