5.12.2011

multi-purpose room update

So we've basically turned our guest bedroom into a multi-purpose room.  It originally was just a guest bedroom, which turned into a guest bedroom + dumping grounds for everything that didn't have a home storage.  I was going to clean it out, but then I decided to take up sewing, we bought a treadmill, and it just turned into this multi-functional room.  And you know what?  Overnight, it's turned into my favorite room in the house.

I've lived in this house almost three years now, and I finally decided a few months ago that the house should make us happy, versus trying to impress all those magazine editors who are just knocking down our door.  So for our multi-purpose room, I went with things that make me happy.  (Hence the pink chair.)  Since I love art and couldn't pick just one picture to display, I ripped off an idea from Young House Love and CJ made shelves for me (found for free on Ana-White.com).  I bought myself some white picture frames and filled those shelves up with new and old pictures that make me smile.

Here's the finished product:



I took that picture of Arc de Triomphe in 2002.  I had to run out into the middle of the Champs-Elysees to get it, but it was totally worth it.


Since we didn't have a traditional wedding cake, I bought this W in lieu of a cake topper.

The painting next to it is from Painting Pony.  Check it out.  It's cool, I promise.  (CJ thinks I'm ridiculous.)


The Abbey Road photo, which is covered in graffiti, was the very first gift CJ ever bought me.

It's too dark to see, but the big photo is of Platform 9 3/4, which I'm going to find the next time I'm in London.

If I didn't have anything else to do, I'd totally spend all my time in here just staring at the pictures.  And the best thing is, if I get tired of any of the pictures, I just have to take it down and replace it with something new.

No comments: