This has been the best weekend CJ and I have had in a realllllly long time. Why? Because it was a homework-free zone (yeah, I'll be kicking myself come Wednesday night) and only a minimum amount of chores got done. So, the house is a disaster, but we're still in good moods.
Friday night, we went out to eat, perused Barnes & Noble (one of our favorite spots), and then watched a movie at home.
Saturday, CJ worked. I got a massage. I sewed a little bit, which I hadn't done in months. Then I discovered that Family Ties streams on Netflix. Score.
Sunday, we had lunch with my parents, napped, went to the movie theater, and read. And I watched more Family Ties.
Today, we slept in late, watched a movie, and read. And, you guessed it, I streamed more Family Ties. It just doesn't get much better than Alex P. Keaton, folks.
And, I cooked this weekend, using new recipes. It was a win all-around.
Sunday night, I made these chicken finger french bread pizzas from Paula Deen. I couldn't find the recipe on her website, but it's pretty simple. Take some french bread, top it with pasta sauce (I used my homemade sauce made from our garden last year), chicken fingers (already cooked), mozzarella, parmesan, and spices (I used basil & garlic). CJ devoured them (not all in one setting though). Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
This morning, I made this asparagus, spinach, & feta cheese frittata from Two Peas & their Pod. The only thing I had to pick up at the grocery store was the feta. And, I got the spinach from our garden -- the first we've eaten out of it this year.
It was delicious and I will definitely make it again, but it looked a bit like thin crust pizza. Anyone know how to get it more fluffy? More eggs?
And then I made these stuffed mushrooms with smoked gouda (courtesy of Christy). CJ came home this week with a package of mushrooms wanting to stuff them with something, and turns out I had printed off this recipe a year ago and never used it. This was actually the second batch I've made in a matter of a few days, because we demolished the first batch pretty quickly.
So, all in all, it was a really good weekend. If only I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow -- and, you know, study for class.
5.30.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So glad I could contribute a little to a great weekend. I'm making that fritatta. Sounds yum!
Oh, and I completely envy you the sleeping in and the reading. We went to the parade, hiked, ran kids through the sprinkler and generally wore ourselves out. (And the kids, too, thankfully!
Christy
Post a Comment