When we were in Cincinnati last month, I found new curtains at Ikea. AND...
I'M HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE!
I can't stop talking about them, I'm so stoked about them. The night I put them up, CJ was at work, so I left him a detailed voicemail on how much I loved them. The next day when he was at home, I pointed out at least five times how awesome these curtains were. He didn't seem as into them as I was, so I had to blog about them.
Here's our before and after shots:

As you can see above and below, Bridget loved these curtains. Neither cat has ever really scratched up the furniture (with the exception of one piece that Bridget also loves), but as you can see, the fabric is pulled about a cat's reach from the bottom.

You can't see the much of the detail of the new curtains here, but there are squiggly lines in different shades of brown and blue. You'll also have to look past the dog bowls and tape measure...
I had always equated dark curtains with blocking out the light. Turns out these white curtains block out the creepy neighbors in the back and also let plenty of light in! And of course, it just makes our living room look more welcoming and bigger. It's an all around win.
So, bottom line:
Mom was right after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment