12.29.2010

showing off gifts

Now that Christmas is over and all gifts have been exchanged, I can show off some of the gifts that CJ and I have been working on for the past few weeks.

While browsing online for fabric for myself, I ran across this sock monkey print.  I've always wanted a sock monkey, but could never figure out what to do with it.  My mother-in-law likes sock monkeys too, so when I found this fabric, I knew I'd have to buy it for her and make a pillow.


Here's a close-up of the fabric:


Here's the coordinating fabric I bought for the back.  I know it's just polka dots, but isn't it cute?



I have a little left over, so I just need to figure out what I can make to coordinate it into my house somehow...

Oh, and I bought the fabric from The Little Fabric Shop.  She has lots of cute fabrics (I bought more than just the sock monkeys), in case you're interested.  (Oh, and I wasn't paid to mention this -- just did it because I had a good experience.)

No comments: