Between the two of us, by the week's end, we might just polish off a bottle of NyQuil.
Life has been particularly stressful lately. I didn't post this on the blog when it happened, but back in August, I got a promotion at work. It's just slightly stressful, because I'm dealing with taxpayer money. Tens of millions of dollars of it. It's not exactly pocket change. So between that, CJ starting up classes and doing clinicals, and CJ's work schedule, we've been on auto-pilot since August. (Well, I've been on auto-pilot since a year ago August, but who's counting anyway?)
I started to feel run down by the middle of last week. The U.S. Department of Energy was visiting our office -- our third visit from the Department of Energy in a month's time -- so I was stressed out about that. (It ended up being fine. But when our first DOE visit was six hours' worth of questioning in one small room, I wasn't exactly excited about more visits.) I skipped class on Thursday so I could relax. (I really debated it. Then I decided that I was paying for my education and I knew the ramifications of skipping a class. And then I remembered that I was an adult.) I really didn't do much all weekend, seriously trying to save up some energy in hopes that I wouldn't get sick, and then I got sick.
In the midst of all this, CJ sprained his ankle at work. It's not horrible -- enough to keep him from working for a few days -- but still.
And then just as my sinus infection cleared and I finally got my voice back, CJ got sick. He came home tonight from clinicals with a fever. He was coughing like crazy on the couch just now, but I'm guessing the NyQuil kicked in, because he's been quiet for awhile now.
So it looks like everyone knows where they can find us this weekend -- knocked out on cold medicine, not doing a whole lot of anything. And really, relaxing is probably the lesson we needed to learn weeks ago.
10.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment