10.04.2010

kitchen, part deux

Two years into living here, and I just haven't been pleased with our kitchen.  One of our friends pointed out that the colors looked like McDonald's colors -- which was true, but it hadn't even occurred to me.  So after months of staring at three color samples on the wall, I finally caught a break in between Corporate Finance and Oragnizational Development and was able to paint the kitchen.

(I apologize now for the poor picture quality.  I broke my camera in Florida, and while we have CJ's camera, my iPhone is so much easier, but doesn't take as good of pictures.)

Before:


Red accent wall




Nearly all of our face plates are painted.  On one hand, everything blends together.  This was nice for awhile, but I got tired of it and definitely won't do this again.

After:


Wall color:  Lively Yellow in Behr Premium
Wine rack:  CJ's creation
Abbey Road photo:  The first gift CJ ever bought for me


I got tired of losing our keys CJ losing his keys, so I splurged on these super cute hooks from Anthropologie.


I bought these last spring, I loved them so much.  I especially like the "I measure my life in coffee spoons" print -- very appropriate for me and just for a kitchen in general.


Chalkboards:  I purchased canvases from Hobby Lobby and chalkboard paint.  We'll change out with new quotes as they come along.
Bar & containers:  from Ikea.  Chalk is stored in one of the containers.  Flowers 50% off at Hobby Lobby.

There's more to come of course.  This was just the first step in redoing the kitchen.  We probably just won't get to the really big stuff until next spring, so stay tuned.

No comments: