4.12.2010

bribery

Bribery works most of the time, right?

I'll start my story by explaining that my in-laws are big dog people.  I know many people are the type to call themselves their pets' "parents."  I'm sorry if you do this, but I hate it.  I am Henry's owner, not Henry's mother.  I cringe every time I hear someone say that, whether it's about me or anyone else. My in-laws like to joke (especially my father-in-law) and CJ let it slip how much I hate this, so they'll make comments here and there to get a rise.  Plus, they say that Henry is their "only grandchild."

Anyway.

We're going on vacation soon, and CJ had asked his parents if we could take him down there to stay.  He can run around and play with Patches for a week.  My mother-in-law didn't immediately say yes, so the last time we went to visit, we came up with this idea:

1.  Make the in-laws' favorite snacks -- no bakes for my father-in-law, and rice krispies for my mother-in-law.


2.  Attach a note -- from Henry.


3.  The kicker:  The note was on the back of a photo of Henry, which we then attached to the gift bag.


We didn't receive a yes at the time, but I'm pretty sure we'll get it ... especially if we keep doing things like this.

No comments: