We've known for awhile that our cat, Bridget, is pretty special.
She's more like a dog than a cat on some days. She follows us around like a dog half the time. We even play fetch together. (Seriously.)
I gave Bridget a "bath" the other night. (Yes, those quotation marks were intentional.) It's this foam, rinse-less stuff. She wasn't too impressed, but she survived. When I told CJ the next morning, he replied, "So that's why she's acting weird." She was in the kitchen with us when he said that, and I was like, "I don't think she's acting weird." THUD. She got so wrapped up in playing with a bag that she underestimated her proximity to the cabinets and hit her head.
Last night's trick particularly impressed me, though. We keep the door to our bedroom shut, because I want to minimize the cat hair on our clothes, and besides, I don't want to be bothered by an impatient, needy cat while I'm trying to sleep. So last night, I woke up to a bunch of meowing and bells ringing next to the bed. She's opened doors before -- shoved them open, more like it, if they weren't shut properly -- but how in the world does a cat open up a latched-shut door??
2.28.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment