12.09.2008

counting blessings

Sunday's sermon was essentially about dealing with pain, and people were invited to come to the front to light a candle, meditate, pray. On Monday, my small group finished its study on the book of Job. Both days especially reminded me how thankful I am that last week was just a bad week. It wasn't a fatal disease, or heartbreak over losing a close friend or family member. I didn't spend weeks, months, years, however long covered in boils like Job. Life really is good, even if I am stressed out.

On the upside, I got my jeep back today; thank goodness, because I was tired of that Focus after one day. I also bought some new fish tonight to join our little survivor fish we affectionately named Uno. Fingers crossed that they live to see tomorrow morning.

Aside from fender benders and fish, things are a little busy. On Sunday after church, CJ and Eric headed to the Colts game. From there, CJ and I went to my office Christmas party, and then the office went to go see The Lion King, which was good. (Random fun fact: I've never seen The Lion King movie in its entirety.) After that, we went out to eat with our friends Amy and Lennon.

Tomorrow night is my Christmas, wedding, and grocery shopping night. CJ better hope he'll get called for overtime tomorrow, because I have a feeling he won't be in the mood for some marathon shopping. Thursday night will be for cooking. And Friday night, I'm having a little thank you dinner for some friends who are helping me out with the wedding. Saturday and Sunday we're up to Chicago with the Raiders for our joint bachelor/ette party. Next weekend is Christmas with CJ's family, the week after that is Christmas, and the weekend after that is our wedding -- time's flying!

No comments: