10.06.2008

it's definitely a month before the election.

Travis and Jill's wedding was this weekend. It was very much like Jill, and I came away with at least one idea for my wedding, which I intend to ask permission to use. Here are some pictures of Amanda and me with her, just prior to the wedding.




Aside from logging in some quality time in Owen County, my Sunday was pretty uneventful. I watched bits of the Colts game, and then afterwards, CJ and I played a round of Colts cornhole, which I bought him for his birthday. He beat me twice, but I think I'm a fairly formidable opponent.

After cornhole, we went to Lowe's to register...for the third time. The first time was our fault; we arrived fifteen minutes before closing (who closes at 7 pm on Sundays?). The second time, we went to the Greenwood store and were told that they don't actually have a scanner for registries, and to visit the Beech Grove store, where we were told the same thing. So we ended up walking through the store, handwriting numbers down. Real nice. If anyone wants to use our Lowe's registry, it won't be a problem, but they just made it a hassle for us. (So no glowing recommendations from us for any other engaged couples.)

I also spent way too much time yesterday working on our wedding invitations. I'm glad I paid the extra money to see a proof before the final version. The company already got a lengthy email back from me, pointing out all the problems with it, and they're sending me a free proof back.

My biggest beef for today was that someone drove through my yard to run over my Mitch yard sign. You know, I was annoyed when someone stole my Mitch bumper sticker off my jeep when I lived downtown, and even though I now live in a pretty conservative part of the city, I was a little surprised the yard sign stayed put for as long as it did. The thing is, even though I'd like to see some signs just go away, I respect that it's that person's right to display whatever yard sign, even if I disagree. So now I don't know what to do... Do I plaster my yard with green signs, just like pink flamingos, or do I see if I can get a hold of one of those giant 4x8' signs, just to get on their nerves?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I say you get a 4x8 and put it in the middle surrounded by smaller signs. I'll help! Things like that make me furious (and it's funny -well, not really - that they only ever seem to be the work of the you-know-whos).