7.09.2011

it's a beautiful day

I woke up this morning a little grumbly that Henry woke me up at 9 am, but settled into a good mood after cup #2 of java.  Unusual that I'm in a good mood in the morning, I know.

I've spent my morning nursing that coffee and perusing Pinterest for new ideas.  Do you have a Pinterest account yet?  If not, you need to get on there and get inspired.

I'm working on the ol' blog today to ensure that my two readers have plenty of material for the next month until I finish school.  CJ has been working hard on some projects and I'm really excited to show them off, so stay tuned.

I have less than four weeks left of school.  I'm not going to lie - I'm sort of in a panic.  It's not the panic of oh-my-gosh-how-am-I-going-to-get-everything-done, but it's the ummmm-what-do-I-do-now? sort of thoughts that are running through my head.  For quite awhile now, I've said after I'm done, I just want to sit.  But I'm finding my mind has been trained to do twenty-five different things at any given time and that I'm used to being busy.  So now, not only do I need to finish my final project, but I feel like I have to solve all of my world's problems now.  Where can I go work and use this degree?  What do I actually want to do?  My share of house projects have been on hold for close to two years now.  I can think of two major painting projects that I want done ASAP, one semi-major painting project that I also want done ASAP, and two smaller paint jobs that really just need to get done too.  And then there's all the sewing projects.  And I should probably volunteer too....but where?

Instead of trying to figure out what post-August 4th looks like for me, I'm going to waste away the rest of my morning and a good part of the afternoon.  I have plans to meet a friend to use up a groupon to paint pottery and I'll get some blog updates in.  Then I suppose I should avoid the inevitable and hunker down to write that 50-100 page thesis that's calling my name.  It's gonna be a fun Saturday night, folks.

/end ramble.

No comments: