
Several months ago, I bought Henry this cute stuffed sheep, and he adored it. He'd carry it in his mouth everywhere and wouldn't part with it. He loved it so much he started to rip it up, so I had to put it in the trash. He loved it so much that he kept pulling it out of the trash after I'd throw it away. I finally disposed of it properly, but I felt really bad doing it, because he'd go around looking for it. We replaced anything stuffed with hard plastic toys and decided that until he was older, we wouldn't buy any stuffed animals for him.
Anyway, the Greenwood mall recently opened a pet boutique, Moochie & Co. The woman working there was talking to us about the toys, including the "indestructible" stuffed animals. At this point, I looked at her skeptically and asked, "Do you have a dog?" I didn't exactly mean for it to come out that way, but I also didn't want to take advice from a stranger who could very well have a docile, three pound dog at home.
This, in short, is how Henry ended up with a new stuffed dragon. So far, he's only chewed off a few of its horn things on the back -- the ones we're sure weren't reinforced -- but the dragon is still alive and kicking. He's already grown quite attached to it, so I'm hoping this one will stick around for awhile. (Plus, it is kind of cute.)
(By the way, if you live in the area and haven't been yet, Moochie & Co. is pretty cute and it's worth a visit!)
No comments:
Post a Comment