Dog obedience classes are over, primarily for 2 reasons:
1. We realized we were paying people to scold us each week because we had a puppy who wouldn't obey all the time. You know what? I bet if they allowed a bit of optional play time at the beginning of class, the puppies in the class could get a lot of their energy and curiosity out and would obey better. Also, I have better things to do with my Monday nights than to be scolded like an eight year old.
2. It finally clicked that this is not really a basic obedience class, but instead more of a class for future show dogs. What use does Henry have for heeling or doing an about face? I haven't done one of those since high school band, and I'm pretty sure my dog won't need to do one anytime soon either. Also, why would we ever want him to stand and stay?
10.19.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment